Louis C.K. came forward quickly this week and admitted to sexually harassing women he worked with. But Ed Westwick, Jeremy Piven, Roy Moore and countless others continue to emphatically deny their accusers' claims. 

Earlier this week, five women accused Louis C.K. of sexual misconduct, including public masturbation, in interviews with The New York Times. Then, on Friday, Louis C.K. said the allegations were all true.

"These stories are true," he said in a statement. "At the time, I said to myself that what I did was okay because I never showed a woman my dick without asking first, which is also true. But what I learned later in life, too late, is that when you have power over another person, asking them to look at your dick isn't a question. It's a predicament for them. The power I had over these women is that they admired me. And I wielded that power irresponsibly."

Even though Louis C.K.'s statement seemed sincere, he has still faced harsh consequences for his actions. FX cut ties with the comedian after his admission. This raises the question of whether public figures should respond to sexual harassment allegations at all.

Jeremy Piven Denies Sexual Assault Claims Jeremy Piven is one of several stars vehemently denying sexual assault allegations.

Sexual assault claims have been hitting the Web in a fast-and-furious manner. As a result, many actors feel the need to respond at rocket speed. But is that the best idea?

A surprising number of men are vehemently denying the claims, leaving critics shocked and dismayed. Jeremy Piven has repeatedly dismissed the allegations against him. Most recently, a third woman came forward accusing him of sexual assault.

"Let me begin by saying that the accusations against me are absolutely false and fabricated," he tweeted. "I would never force myself on a woman. Period. I have offered to take a polygraph to support my innocence. I keep asking myself, 'How does one prove something didn't happen?

Moore sexual assault claims A Washington Post exclusive detailed sexual misconduct allegations against Roy Moore.

Some of the men are shielded by a statute of limitations that prevents the police from opening a new investigation. That's the case with Roy Moore. A woman named Leigh Corfman accused the Republican Alabama Senate candidate of touching her inappropriately in 1979, when she was just 14.

According to the Washington Post, the statute of limitations for felony sexual abuse of a minor ended in 1982, and the statute of limitations for a civil suit ended when Corfman turned 21. 

"Allegations of sexual misconduct with her (Corfman) are completely false." Moore told Sean Hannity on Friday. "I believe they are politically motivated. I believe they are brought only to stop a very successful campaign, and that's what they're doing."

Ed Westwick Responds To Aurelie Wynn Ed Westwick posted this Instagram message in the wake of two rape allegations.

On the other hand, police are investigating Ed Westwick following the rape allegations by Kristina Cohen and Aurelie Wynn. Westwick is also denying the allegations and is even cooperating with the police in an attempt to clear his name.

"It is disheartening and sad to me that as a result of two unverified and provably untrue social media claims, there are some in this environment who could ever conclude I have had anything to do with such vile and horrific conduct," he wrote on Instagram. "I have absolutely not, and I am cooperating with the authorities so that they can clear my name as soon as possible."

For now, Westwick's girlfriend, model Jessica Serfaty, is standing by her man. But it's unclear what will happen if the police discover the sexual assault claims are true.

How do you think stars should respond to sexual assault allegations? Let us know your take in the comments section below.